Penny stocks have a lot of benefits. Advantages of these stocks are very unique and popular but, investment in these stocks has some drawbacks also. These stocks offer a great potential of profit generation, however, there are equal chances to lose all your money………So great profit …but higher risk. These stocks are also known as SMALL CAP STOCKS. These stocks are highly volatile in nature. When an investor plans to jump into the market, he must keep in mind the demerits of small cap stocks. So investor must be careful while going to play with small cap stock investment.
Stocks are a primary part of an investment portfolio. There are a lot of companies offering shares; it is quite a difficult decision which stock to pick and which to left. However it is the hot question, whether small cap stocks investment are a good choice? It is a better advice for a new investor that first he should collect proper knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of small cap stocks, than make the final decision of investment.
Some of the main disadvantages of small cap stocks are discussed below:
- Low liquidity, difficult to sell: It is much easy to make the purchase of small cap stocks, however sometimes their prices drop too much, that it might be too difficult or even impossible to sell them back, especially if you own too many of them. When the prices plunge, some time it may prevail too many months, and Investors then have no other option but to wait for the stock value to recover or disappear completely.
- High risk investment: Mostly small cap stocks are offered by the companies who are new or some of them are near to bankruptcy, investment in both types of companies is much risky. If the new company does not get financial success, you can expect the stock prices to decrease drastically. In either case, you may lose your money over time. The investors who have many stocks, in case of lose, suffers much.
- Lack of Information: Small cap stocks are listed on two exchanges namely the OTC BB and Pink Sheets, none of both require rigorous financial reporting. There is much lack of valid information, so the investor hardly has any strong ground to base his decisions upon or compute the risk factor. This state of confusion might show the way to some very bad moves. Sometimes it happens that investment strategies turn to gambling and people lose all of their money they invested.
- Lack of Regulation: The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission does not regulate small cap stocks the way it does other regular stocks. This is a big disadvantage, considering the amount of risk that small cap stocks already have.
- Too many scams: The small cap stocks investors, especially the new investors, usually faces the scams. Some dishonest traders manipulate investors by giving them fake information, thereby creating a high demand for their stocks. These traders befool others for their own benefit, these experienced trickery generate the gigantic profit, while the new investors lose all their money. “Pump and dump” and “poop and scoop” are most popular frauds of small cap stocks. Mostly new investors just see the price is rising up, they rush to purchase the stock, but in reality that’s just the artificial inflation, while it actually isn’t. This attracts heavy investment but the cheated investors are dumped shortly after.
Fast Moving Stock does not own any shares or plan to get a position(s) in the company(s) anytime soon. Moreover, we have not been compensated for the posting of this article/report/analysis, as this is just an opinion of our writer/contributor. Not recommandation to buy or sell any stocks Read full